Friday, April 25, 2008

Well, at least we got one sweep...

Wow, where to begin after last night's debacle in Washington??? The Cavs officially lost by 36 points, but it felt more like 100. I've never seen a less inspired team show up for a playoff game. Honestly, I didn't watch much past about 3 minutes into the third quarter. At that point, the Cavaliers somehow managed to turn the ball over 4 times in a row without even getting off a shot. That may be a first in playoff history. Just a mess of a game and the worst-case scenario for Game 3. Now the Wizards are feeling sky-high and have new life. My only hope is that this loss embarrasses the Cavs enough to be pissed for Game 4 on Sunday. We will see.

And check out this quote from Andray Blatche of the Wizards. This might be the strangest thing I've ever heard an athlete say:

"I was ballin' in my Mohawk," Blatche explained. "We all getting ready to go to war, man. White Out. It's like milk out there; I'm like a cat. I want some milk. I'm telling you, we're ready for war, man White out. Ride together, die together. Bad boys for life. I'm telling you, I was BORN for this."
Whatever Andray. Enjoy your milk.

Nothing was fun about Game 3 for Cavalier fans or players

There was some good news from Thursday night. The Tribe actually won both games of the doubleheader and completed the sweep of the Royals. I would have preferred a sweep by the Cavs, but I'll take this. The offense looked alive again in Game 1, scoring 9 runs. Fausto was not on top of his game but he still got the win. Then in Game 2, Cliff Lee pitched another gem. He is now 4-0 with a sparking 0.28 ERA. Incredible. Last night he allowed only 3 hits in a complete game shutout, while racking up a career-high 9 strikeouts. I shudder to think about the World Series rings we'd be polishing right now if Cliff had this kind of stuff last year. Oh well.

Cliff Lee is my new hero

Other good news from last night - David Dellucci hit a huge home run in the top of the 7th after KC's young stud Bannister had retired 16 Tribe hitters in a row. It ended up being all the support that Cliff would need in the 2-0 win. I'm officially laying off of David Dellucci until further notice.

And Mr. Dellucci is no longer my enemy :)

No comments: