Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Joe 'Blow' is back...

I guess these sort of things happen from time to time over the course of a long 162 game baseball season. But it doesn't make it any less frustrating. The offense looked dreadful again last night for 8 innings until scoring three runs in the top of the ninth. It should have been more, but Jason Michaels was prominently involved with the bases loaded, and we know how that usually plays out.

So with a 4-2 lead heading into the bottom of the ninth and JoeBo coming in, I expected things to get a little shaky, as they typically do with JoeBo. But I also expected us to get the win. Things started off innocently enough, with him retiring the leadoff man. But then a base hit and two straight walks had me shaking my head. Then Torii Hunter sealed the deal with a walkoff grand slam at approximately 1:12 am ET. It's times like this when I wonder why I stay up for these West coast games. There will be a payoff eventually for my undying loyalty, right???

Torii provided the death blow as I wondered why I wasn't sleeping...

No comments: