Monday, April 21, 2008

Monday, Monday

I will spend a very brief amount of time recapping the Tribe's Sunday loss before moving on to much more important business... again, the offense was shut down by a fairly unknown pitcher. And again the bullpen unraveled with 2 outs and nobody on late in the game. I don't know how to fix what's wrong with this team but I hope it happens fast. After Thursday and Friday I thought maybe we were fighting our way out of the slump. But with the poor efforts on Saturday and Sunday, that now makes 12 losses in the past 16 games. Incredibly depressing. Thankfully they have an off-day today so I can put my entire focus on the Cavaliers and Game 2.

Playing the Wizards in the postseason is always a fun time. You get all the trash-talking from their players (who have never won a thing), the whining from their fans (LeTravel, etc.), but most enjoyably for me, you get the inane ramblings from their beat writers in the Washington papers. Here is a gem of a story from some guy named Tom Knott who writes for the Washington Times. This is my favorite part:

"LeBron James should be suspended from Game 2 after being unable to control his inner bully yesterday.

James deposited an elbow in the face of Andray Blatche with 11 seconds left in the first quarter. He then twice threatened to drop an elbow on Brendan Haywood, first to his groin region and then to his face, after the two became tangled near the end of the first half.

Players from both teams rushed to aid James and Haywood, and not surprisingly, referees Bob Delaney, David Jones and Scott Foster decided the Wizards were the principal instigators.

See how that works? James threatens Haywood's capacity to sire children, and it is considered bad form on Haywood's part to have a reaction to it. "
Possibly the most ridiculous thing I have ever read. I can't wait to read more of this guy's babbling and excuses after we go up 2-0 tonight. A win tonight would also make it 8 straight over Washington in the playoffs.

My view of Game 1's ending after LeBron hurt Tom Knott's feelings

No comments: