Wednesday, April 9, 2008

A lesson learned

Games like last night's Tribe game in LA (or is it Anaheim, since the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim play there?) are the reason why I usually opt out of going to bed early in order to watch my teams play late games. You just never know what's going to happen and if you go to bed early, you might miss something good. Of course, after the frustrating loss on Monday night I opted for sleep and missed the ending completely. Travis Hafner hit a huge 2-run HR with two outs in the top of the ninth to give our Tribe a big come-from-behind win. Jake Westbrook also pitched a complete game. Lesson learned: I will stay up for all West coast games the rest of the season. Thankfully the Tribe comes back home after this afternoon's game. I hate these getaway games - we never seem to play well when I'm forced to listen at work on the radio. Let's hope Byrd performs a little better this time around.

Hafner flipped the script on the Angels late Tuesday night

Central update: The Tigers are now 0-7, giving us a 3.5 game lead on them already, even with our mediocre start. I am enjoying this immensely.

No comments: