Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Let's see what these guys are made of...

And when I say "these guys", I'm referring to both the Celtics and the Cavaliers. I say that because I'm not convinced the Celtics are ready to be an elite team. I think they are vulnerable, but the time to pounce on them is tonight. I don't want to see this go to a Game 7. But I also want to see what the Cavaliers are made of, because you never really know what you will get from them on the road. Tonight will tell a lot about the make up of both of these teams. If the Cavaliers can pull this one out, I don't see any way the Celtics can win on Friday night.

I've been saying it for a couple games now, but LeBron still hasn't exploded in this series. And 'The Dunk' at the end of Game 4 just might be foreshadowing things to come tonight. I know the Celtics will do everything in their power to stop him from beating them, but the Pistons tried that too in Game 5 last year and look what happened (and yes, I do enjoy repeatedly linking to that box score).

I still feel the best recipe for success tonight is what the Cavaliers usually bring in the playoffs. Good defense, hitting the open shots, keeping the turnovers under control, and winning the rebounding battle. If they can do those things and keep it close, the pressure will really increase for the Celtics at home. And I think this is a team that might crack under all that pressure. Or at least that's what I hope. We'll see in about 10 hours...

Did 'The Dunk' unleash Game 5 LeBron? We'll know soon...

Tribe Update:
The Indians have now won 6 of their last 8 games after last night's 4-0 win over Oakland. We knew this team had good pitching coming into this season, but I'm not sure even the most optimistic Tribe fan could have expected this: Indians starting pitchers have not given up a run in their last 34 innings. That number is just mind-boggling. The team is now back over .500 and let's hope it stays that way for the rest of the year. Only a half game out of first now and a (hopefully) rejuvenated CC Sabathia on the mound tonight.

No comments: