Thursday, June 26, 2008

Draft Day

The 2008 NBA Draft is upon us tonight at 7:00pm from Madison Square Garden in NYC. But before I get to that, here are a couple updates on our friend Brian Windhorst from the ABJ and another blog. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

This swap (thankfully we didn't end up with Jermaine O'Neal and his injury problems) and these deals already went down yesterday, and I expect some more dealing before the day is over. And hopefully we're finally at the merciful end of all these mock drafts - this version now has us taking Robin Lopez from Stanford, which doesn't exactly excite me. But then again, what do I know? I'm still mostly leaning towards picking CDR (I also loved the Luke Jackson and DaJuan Wagner picks, so keep that in mind). Mary Schmitt-Boyer still thinks the Cavs are thinking trade. And the great Terry Pluto tells us what Mike Brown is thinking today. Nine hours and counting...

In Ferry and Brown we trust?

Tribe Update: Since it is my duty to report on them I will - but only briefly. Yesterday was another yawner as the Indians dropped their third straight game and second in a row at home to the Giants, 4-1. It looks like the offense is going back into the toilet, mustering only one run and four hits off the disaster that is Barry Zito (keep in mind he was 2-11 with a 6.52 ERA prior to this start). Not surprisingly, he had his best outing of the year against our lineup. And you'll be shocked to learn that Rafael Betancourt gave up another late 'insurance' run, this time a home run to right off the bat of some guy named John Bowker. Can't wait to go to the game tomorrow night and watch Brandon Phillips have some more fun against his former team! (Yes, that was sarcasm.) The Tribe looks to avoid the sweep tonight when Cliff Lee takes the mound.

2 comments:

sportsgirl132 said...

I feel comfortable admitting something to you. I get the feeling that if Cliff Lee starts the All Star game, he'll get shelled. I don't know why- other than the way things have gone all year long for the Tribe.

Thoughts? I'm a crazy-jaded?

C

chiefwahoo56 said...

I'm glad you feel comfortable admitting things to me ;)

That's not crazy-jaded. It would actually fit perfectly in with the rest of the happenings during this dismal season for the Tribe...