Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Holiday update

OK, I'm back from the city that never sleeps, a.k.a. NYC. You know, the place where LeBron won't be playing his home games in 2010, despite the endless rumors to the contrary over the last few years? It was a fun diversion from all the holiday madness but I'm happy to be back home now. And I'm eternally grateful I was able to avoid witnessing anything that happened at the Stadium on Sunday between two god-awful Ohio football teams. I was disappointed I didn't get to see the Cavs' 102-91 win (highlights) on Sunday night in Oklahoma City. But at least I did get to watch their impressive 105-88 smackdown (highlights) of a good Nuggets team in Denver on Friday night. Our flight into LaGuardia was delayed a long time in Cleveland so we arrived late into New York on Friday night. I snuck in the game on ESPN (ugh) while my wife took in a nap in our hotel room...

So anyway, I'm excited about the possibilities brewing with our Cavaliers and their upcoming three-game homestand. Tonight will be another good test against a solid Rockets team. And that will be followed up by very winnable games against the Wizards and Heat. The Cavs really have a chance to string together a lot more wins over their next 8 games, leading up to the January 9th showdown at the Q against the Celtics. As is the case when your favorite team is 23-4, it will be fun to watch how it unfolds.