Thursday, May 28, 2009

Comeback starts tonight...

There's really not much else to say. The Cavs are facing a 3-1 hole. The Magic seem to already be celebrating a series victory. Most casual Cleveland fans are already lamenting another collapse by their local team. All hope seems to be lost. But is it?

For some strange reason I felt really confident in our chances in this series as soon as Game 4 ended in another heartbreak. Something clicked for me and hopefully for the Cavs too. I can't really explain it. Maybe it's because the pressure is now off and all the "experts" expect us to lose. Maybe it's because we're returning home to the Q. Maybe it's because I'm ever the optimist and can't imagine my team losing to the Orlando Magic, as talented as they might be. Or maybe it's because this team has won 66 games and still has the best player in the world on its roster. Maybe it's the fact that the Magic just seem a little to satisfied with themselves already. Whatever it is, I still think the Cavs will somehow win this series. Call me crazy but I still believe. It starts tonight with a win in the Q and the pressure shifts squarely back on the Magic. If they don't win Game 6 at home, they will surely be dreading a return trip to Cleveland for Game 7. So I'll see you again on Monday when this thing is all tied up. Go Cavs. We believe.