Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Scoreboard watching

I know I shouldn't be doing this to myself (yet), but I can't help it. I'm already scoreboard watching around the NBA on a nightly basis. And last night was a good one for us Cavalier fans. The Lakers were trounced in Portland and may have lost a couple players due to suspension in the midst of a tough road trip. It was their third straight road loss. And the Magic lost in Detroit. So with a win tonight our Cavs will sit tied with the Lakers for the best record in the NBA and they will be a game and a half up on Boston and a full four up on the Magic.

Obviously grabbing the #1 seed in the East is the immediate goal, but getting the #1 overall seed could come in quite handy come June, especially given our dominance at the Q. Just something extra to think about every night the Cavs don't have a game. Thankfully tonight the Cavs are back on the court to start their final big road trip of the season. I hope they aren't looking past the Clippers, as bad as they are. This team did beat Boston just a week ago in LA. I have a feeling the guys won't be taken by surprise tonight. Go Cavs.