Friday, September 12, 2008

Delonte Re-Signed!

The Delonte West free agent saga finally reached a conclusion today with him signing a multi-year deal to remain with the Cavaliers. Details here.

“This is the first time since I was offered a scholarship at St. Joes that I feel like I am valued as a person and a player. Dan Gilbert and the Cavaliers have shown me that they value me as a person and a player and that was the most important thing to me,” said West. “In that sense, this was not about a specific dollar amount. You can’t really put a dollar value on a person, their skills you can, but not their heart and what kind of person they are. My family is blessed and I feel a great relief to be able to concentrate on basketball now.” - Delonte West
This is a big signing in my eyes. Now we have the full squad coming back from last season with much-needed depth in the backcourt now that Mo is here too. It remains to be seen what happens with Wally Szczerbiak's expiring contract, but the team now has many options. West gives the Cavs toughness on defense and gives them another scoring option and we know he's not afraid to take big shots. I love that he will be back with the Cavaliers and can't wait for October 28th in Boston. Only 46 more days...

We're glad to have you back Delonte :)